Table of Contents
- Wii Remote Product Review
- Bestselling Wii Remote in 2021
- 1. Wii Controller,Yudeg Wii Remote and Nunchuck Controllers with Silicon Case for Wii and Wii U（not motion plus） (White)
- 2. Wii Remote Controller, Lyyes Wii Contoller with Silicon Case and Strip for Nintendo Wii Wii U. (Black)
- 3. Wii Remote Controller, Replacement Remote Game Controller with Silicone Case and Wrist Strap for Nintendo Wii and Wii U (White)
- 4. Wii Remote Controller White [2 Pack] (Renewed)
- 5. Nintendo Wii Remote Plus - White
- 6. Built in Motion Plus Remote and Nunchuck Controller+Case for Nintendo Wii&Wii U (White)
The Wii remote is the primary control mechanism for the Nintendo Wii gaming console. The controller is wireless, runs on two double-A batteries, and is incredibly light.
Appearance and Design
The Wii remote is made of high quality, light, white plastic. It is approximately six inches long and one inch wide. It has four buttons, three on top and one on the bottom, and a digital control pad. One end has a port to attack accessory controller and also has an attached wrist cord. The controller is normally held with the index finger over the bottom button, thumb over the control pad, and the wrist strap around the wrist. The controller is also designed to be held sideways and used as a classic NES controller. In this position, the cord of the wrist strap is abrasive and rubs at the right hand of the player.
In addition to the buttons and control pad, the Wii remote is motion sensitive. The Wii can sense six axes of movement from the Wii remote. The motion sensitivity adds the equivalent of one to three additional buttons, depending on how a specific game utilizes this feature. Given reasonable distance from the sensor bar and a good angle, the accuracy of the motion control is very high.
One of the biggest drawbacks of the Wii remote is that it uses a lot of power. The Wii remote will drain a pair of non-rechargeable double-A batteries in about 12 hours of continuous play. And, when the Wii is turned off, any button depression on the Wii remote will cause it to drain additional power from the batteries. Rechargeable batteries last about six hours, though rarely last more than one session, even if it is shorter than six hours due to the slight constant drain on the batteries.
The Wii remote is bundled with one accessory originally, the Wii nunchuk. The nunchuk is an accessory controller that is designed to be held alongside the Wii remote and adds two additional buttons and an analog control stick. It plugs easily into the Wii remote and the cord is long enough to allow each controller to be held comfortably.
You might be interested to read about:
For games that use this controller, the Wii classic controller is the dominant controller, used instead of the wii remote. In addition to controllers, there is a protective cover for the Wii remote and a rechargeable battery pack. The protective cover makes the Wii remote less slippery, but increases the weight and makes the grip less comfortable. The battery pack adds considerable additional weight to the controller, but reduces the cost of batteries.
A large percentage of Wii games use the motion sensitive features of the Wii remote and many of those games require swinging the Wii remote in wide arcs or throwing motions. The wrist cord is designed to prevent the Wii remote from causing injury or damage if the player loses control. Early models of the Wii remote had a weak wrist cord that would occasionally snap. The current model has a stronger cord and there have not been new reports of damage or injury since the new cord was introduced.
As the primary control scheme for the Nintendo Wii and the only control scheme available for a majority of games, the Wii remote is solid new generation controller. The motion control is easy to use and accurate. The light controller is comfortable for players of almost all ages and sizes, especially young children.
The versatility of controller allows games to utilize alternate control schemes, permitting the Wii remote to be the primary controller for both original NES games downloaded from Wii virtual console and new Wii games. The only real drawback is the power consumption, but a small investment in rechargeable technology can alleviate this. The Wii remote earns a 4 out 5.
Bestselling Wii Remote Products in 2021
Wii Controller,Yudeg Wii Remote and Nunchuck Controllers with Silicon Case for Wii and Wii U（not motion plus） (White)
- High compatibility:The remote and nunchuck can be well used on wii and wii u,both of the wii remote and wii nunchuck can be separately applied to original wii nunchuck and wii remote.
- Region free, It can be used for any version of Nintendo Wii/WII U.
- Connect to wii - Press the red button of WII machines first , then press the red button of the controller.
- Free and comfortable to hold them in whichever hand.
- Third party product-not by Nintendo.Powered by 2 AA batteries. (not included)
Wii Remote Controller, Lyyes Wii Contoller with Silicon Case and Strip for Nintendo Wii Wii U. (Black)
- High quality Built-in sound module to convey induction sound from Wii console to speaker.
- Durable built-in motor for providing vibration sensing feedback function.
- Advanced stable COMS sensor for detecting infrared light from sensor bar, obtain light-spot moving info, provide Bluetooth target movement info, and support sensitivity switching function for the Wii console.
- Players are free to hold the controllers in whichever hand is most comfortable.
- Third party product, not made by Nintendo.Batteries are not included.
Wii Remote Controller, Replacement Remote Game Controller with Silicone Case and Wrist Strap for Nintendo Wii and Wii U (White)
- Fits for Wii and Wii U console very perfectly, natural, compatible with Wii, Wii U, Wii Mini. No MotionPlus Inside.
- The remote controller combines the function of pointer, speaker and shock vibration together. Connect with the console via Bluetooth by simply pressing the SYNC button.
- Using motion-sensing technology, making the button pressing of typical controllers replaced by the natural, fluid motion of your hands.
- Accessible to people of all ages and all abilities. Powered by 2 AA batteries (not included). Brand new with highest quality, 100% extremely strict test for all of our products before sold, bringing you with a relaxed game time.
- Third party product, not manufactured by Nintendo. This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified by the manufacturer or by a third-party refurbisher to look & work like new, with limited to no signs of wear. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, inspection, reconditioning and repackaging.
Wii Remote Controller White [2 Pack] (Renewed)
- Includes Two genuine Nintendo branded white Wii Remotes
- Has the durability and high build quality you expect from a genuine Nintendo made controller
- Wii Remote controller features pointing and motion-sensing abilities, a speaker, rumble feature, and an expansion port for additional input devices such as the Nunchuk controller.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
Nintendo Wii Remote Plus - White
- For the Wii and Wii U video game systems
- Increased sensitivity of Wii MotionPlus
- Button pressing of controllers is replaced by the natural, fluid motion of your hand
- Some games may require additional accessories (sold separately)
Built in Motion Plus Remote and Nunchuck Controller+Case for Nintendo Wii&Wii U (White)
- Outstanding performance and durabe quality remote and nunchuk controller
- Nunchuck Controller Contains the Same Motion-Sensing Technology Enabled in the Wii Remote Controller but also Includes an Analog Stick to Assist in Character Movement
- Easy and convenient to operate and built-in Speaker
- Batteries are not included
- Third party product, not made by Nintendo