Table of Contents
- V Tech Rhyme and Discover Book Product Review
- Bestselling V Tech Rhyme and Discover Book in 2021
- 1. VTech Rhyme and Discover Book (Frustration Free Packaging)
- 2. VTech Musical Rhymes Book
- 3. VTech Drop & Go Dump Truck (Frustration Free Packaging)
- 4. VTech Musical Rhymes Book (Special Edition : 6 Nursery Rhymes , 40+ Songs)
- 5. VTech Touch and Teach Elephant, Purple (Amazon Exclusive)
- 6. VTech Brilliant Baby Laptop (Frustration Free Packaging)
- 7. VTech Farm Fun Storybook
- 8. VTech GearZooz Spin & Laugh Gearaffe
One of my life saving devices this shopping season was the V Tech Rhyme and Discover Book. I bought it at the beginning of the shopping season and carried it with me for use in stores, the car and restaurants.
V Tech is a global leader in the development of electronic learning toys and is well known for its electronic toys created for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and grade school. Each of their products incorporates learning activities with electronic technology. No recent recalls of it's products have been made and although in general I avoid things that need batteries and are electronic devices for the small children this book combines the reading, music, and rhyme in a manner that both the toddlers and I can appreciate.
The Rhyme and Discover book design is composed of primary colors and easy to distinguish pictures that are age appropriate for 6 months and up. The graphics/pictures are kid friendly and engaging. The use of just four basic colors for the outline of the book and then incorporation of additional primary colors makes it easy to reinforce color recognition with your children while reading the stories and each picture is easily identified as cow, pig, barn, mouse, etc.
The book contains seven nursery rhymes which are depicted on the front cover with a picture of Mother Goose, a star, Humpty Dumpty, mouse, dish and spoon and a baby in a rocker. Each story begins with the "book" reading the story to the child, but ends with a parent or caregiver finishing the Rhyme. After each rhyme the book asked identifying questions, like "Where is the cow?" and as children make the identification there are fine motor skill activities of each main character.
You might be interested to read about:
There are three light up character buttons on the center of the binder. Most noticeable is the lighted flashing face in the center of the binding of the book, which flashes as stories are told and read redirecting attention back to the book. The voice used in telling the stories is not too annoying, nor is the tone too low or high but seems perfectly pitched to appeal to children and not drive mom or dad too crazy.
Each page comes with a moveable feature easy for little infant hands and older toddlers to use. The moveable features include sliding back and forth, twisting and pushing buttons. Each one encourages fine motor skills and results in further exploration of the book.
The seven nursery rhymes are short and sweet with words and phrases that are familiar to children (who really knows what curds and whey are?) such as Hey Diddle Diddle, Humpty Dumpty, Old MacDonald had a Farm, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Rock a Bye Baby. I particularly like the questions asked at the end of each rhyme so that the words and story can be reinforced, it helps your child develop memory skills as well as develop their vocabulary. There is also background music with the rhymes so entertain all ages.
There is an on and off switch, as well as volume control button. It requires 3 AAA batteries, which the initial purchase included, as well as enclosing a coupon for a future battery purchase. It is easily wiped off with a damp cloth and even a baby wipe (ok so they were looking at it while having a snack and waiting for food).
The best part about this toy is the ability to interact with your child as well as allow them to explore on their own. Too many toys do not involve the interaction with the parents and this one actually encourages it with leaving the rhymes unfinished so that parents or caregivers may complete the rhyme with the children.
Bestselling V Tech Rhyme and Discover Book Products in 2021
VTech Rhyme and Discover Book (Frustration Free Packaging)
- 3 light-up character buttons on the tabs of the pages
- 7 popular nursery rhymes
- 4 movable pieces
- Music note button
- Ages 6 Mos +
VTech Musical Rhymes Book
- Easy-to-turn pages feature engaging nursery rhymes and cheerful pictures
- Twist and slide fun play pieces on colorful pages
- Learning and music modes introduce age-appropriate vocabulary, music and instrument sounds
- 5 colorful piano buttons play music and introduce instruments and colors
- Baby book is intended for kids 6 months to 3 years of age; 2 AAA batteries included for demo, use new batteries for regular use
VTech Drop & Go Dump Truck (Frustration Free Packaging)
- Drop a colorful rock into the top of this cheerful dump truck toy and watch it tumble into the bucket to learn numbers
- Once the rocks are in the bucket, the push toy or pull toy can be moved along to see the rocks rumble around inside
- Learning toy develops motor skills by lifting the hinged bucket to unload the rocks and start again; a great early education toy for toddlers
- Toddler toy truck includes 3 colorful buttons that play melodies, phrases and teach tools and colors
- Construction toy is intended for toddlers ages 6 months to 3 years old; 2 AAA batteries are included for demo, use new batteries for regular use
VTech Musical Rhymes Book (Special Edition : 6 Nursery Rhymes , 40+ Songs)
- The Musical Rhymes Book provides colors, textures, and sounds to enhance story time; it helps your child explore classic tales through their other senses.
- Features 6 classic nursery rhymes and 40+ songs, melodies, and phrases.2 modes of play: music mode and learning mode
- Fun sliding and twisting play pieces for developing motor skills. Bright pages and light-up star that flashes with the music
- 5 colorful piano buttons make sounds while introducing colors and instrument names
- Recommended for children 6-36 months. Requires 2 AAA batteries (included)
VTech Touch and Teach Elephant, Purple (Amazon Exclusive)
- Toy book has 16 interactive story book pages; explore letters, shapes and more with colorful pictures
- Early education center has 150 songs, melodies, sounds and phrases; Pre-K learning toy has question button that tests your child's comprehension skills
- Press the 8 animal and number buttons on the learning toy to learn about animals and numbers or hear piano sounds
- Early educational toy has four light-up buttons that interact with the story and answer questions; baby book roller ball responds with playful sound effects
- Elephant toy baby book is intended for kids 1 to 3 years old; operates on the 2 included AA batteries
VTech Brilliant Baby Laptop (Frustration Free Packaging)
- Explore and learn with the Brilliant Baby Laptop by VTech; this travel-ready toy laptop features nine brightly colored shape buttons and a movable mouse that interact with the light-up screen
- Choose animal mode to learn about animals and their sounds, shape mode to explore colors and shapes or music mode to here a variety of songs and melodies
- Plays 115+ songs, melodies, sounds and phrases; opening and closing the laptop teaches opposites; spinning roller builds motor skills
- Features movable mouse-shaped mouse; chunky carrying handle makes it easy to take the fun on the go; learning fun is a click away
- Requires 2 AA batteries (batteries included for demo purposes only; new batteries recommended for regular use); intended for ages 6 months to 3 years
VTech Farm Fun Storybook
- Five brightly colored illustration pages with easy-to-grip tabs tell the story of the farmer's
- Press the light-up face button to hear playful responses on each page or press the music button to play 15 classic melodies
- Spin the wheels on the bottom of the book for fun pretend play
- Features three cheerful sing-along songs, fun phrases, songs and melodies
VTech GearZooz Spin & Laugh Gearaffe
- Mix and match gears on the Giraffes to strengthen fine motor skills and enhance imaginative play time
- Switching gears and watching how different combinations work together encourages problem solving
- Place the animal gears on the Smart pole to hear fun phrases and learn about animals
- Press the buttons to learn shapes and colors in both English and Spanish