Table of Contents
- Uno The Classic Card Game Product Review
- Bestselling Uno The Classic Card Game in 2020
- 1. UNO Tin
- 2. Mattel Games: The Official Uno Tin [Amazon Exclusive]
- 3. Mattel UNO Original Playing Card Game
- 4. Mattel Games UNO Dare Card Game
- 5. UNO Card Game, Basic Pack, Red
- 6. UNO Super Mario Card Game
- 7. UNO Card Game … (2 Pack)
- 8. UNO Toy Story 4 Card Game
In our house we love to play games: video games, card games, board games, strategy games, and any kind of "fun in a box" that lets us spend time together testing our skills or just having fun. "Uno" is a classic among these. It takes a bit of strategy and it's a lot of fun!
"Uno" was first released in 1971 (geez, it's older than me!) and has gone through many incarnations. (There are dozens of themed decks, from Curious George to X-Men). We have three different decks at our house: an older inherited deck, a newer beach themed deck (it came with a FREE beach ball!), and a mini deck. For this review I will look at the classic deck (which is still available for under ten dollars).
The classic "Uno" comes in a red box with yellow lettering. The box is just big enough for the double deck inside. "Uno" is intended for 2 to 10 players aged 7 and up. I can't imagine playing with more than four or so. Three of us have taken over an hour, maybe closer to two hours, to play at times! So ten? Bring a sleeping bag!
You might be interested to read about:
"Uno" is a wild and unpredictable card game. The goal is to get rid of all your cards. When you get down to one card you MUST say "Uno" (thus the name) or draw more cards. (You have to say it fast at our house or my daughter will catch you!) All the cards have a color and number (or a direction such as "skip" or "reverse" which keep play order switching). You can lay a card down if it matches the color or the number (or direction) There are also wild cards that let you change the color in play. (Some cards also force the next player to draw more cards.) Sounds easy, right?
Well, the challenge comes when you get down to the last few cards in your hand, or have run out of a certain color. If you can't play you have to draw. And draw. And draw. And draw. It is not unusual to end up with 30 or more cards (of the 108 in the deck) in your hand. According to the rules, when someone has gone out they get points for the cards left in opponents' hands. These are to be tallied till one player reaches 500 points. We have never played this way. That hour plus I mentioned was just one round. But it could make a fun tournament! There are other variations on the rules included. But these are the basics. Sometimes this game takes a LONG time to play. Sometimes it's very short. But it's always fun!
"Uno" has remained popular for a reason. It's easy to learn, easy to play, portable, and affordable. I highly recommend it for your game collection!
Bestselling Uno The Classic Card Game Products in 2020
- One of the most popular card games in a colorful tin
- Players race to get rid of their cards by matching numbers or colors - first one to zero wins
- Contains unique action cards to change gameplay for an exciting twist
- Sturdy tin design is perfect for collectors or travel
- Comes with a set of scoresheets to keep track of round winners
Mattel Games: The Official Uno Tin [Amazon Exclusive]
- Uno is the classic family card game that's easy to learn and so much fun to play
- In a race to deplete your hand, match one of your cards with the current card shown on top of the deck by either color or number
- Strategize to defeat your competition with special action cards like Skips, reverses, draw twos and color-changing wild cards
- When you're down to one card, don't forget to shout UNO
- This fun family card game is perfect for adults, teens and kids 7 years old and up
- Uno tin comes with 112 cards and instructions in a sturdy tin that's great for storage and travel
Mattel UNO Original Playing Card Game
- Innovative entertainment
- Expertly designed
- Hours of fun
- Quality components
- Brand new in factory packaging
Mattel Games UNO Dare Card Game
- Familiar UNO game play with a twist
- UNO Dare action cards force your opponent to either draw 2 cards or perform a hilarious dare
- Talk like a pirate Hold your cards with your feet! Dance like a robot and lots more
- 3 different categories with 16 Dares on each card: Family, Show Off and Daredevil
- Includes UNO Dare rules and 112 playing cards
UNO Card Game, Basic Pack, Red
- Fast fun for everyone! Easy to pick up. . . . Impossible to put down.
- Includes 108 compact-sized cards, instruction sheet, and scoring rules.
- Four sets of 25 cards each color, plus the eight wild cards.
- Be the first player to reach 500 points and win!
- Use the action cards against your opponents. Product packing is updated and you might receive an updated version on the product.
UNO Super Mario Card Game
- The classic matching card game, now with a Super Mario Bros theme!
- Players take turns matching one of their cards with the color or number card shown on the top of the deck
- Score points by being the first to get rid of all the cards in your hand
- First player or team to 500 wins
- Includes special Mario Super Star Card and two customizable cards
UNO Card Game … (2 Pack)
- UNO is the card game that’s easy to pick up and impossible to put down! All it takes to win is a little coordination between colors (red, green, blue, and yellow) and numbers.
- Don’t forget to yell 'UNO' when you have but one card remaining! The first player to get rid of all their cards wins the game!
UNO Toy Story 4 Card Game
- It's classic UNO, now with a fun Disney/Pixar Toy Story 4 theme!
- Based on the highly anticipated family film, this UNO deck features cards with images of kid-favorite Toy Story 4 characters.
- A special, Toy Story 4-themed card, the Duke Caboom Wild Card, shakes up the competition!
- When you're down to one card, don't forget to yell "UNO!"
- Includes 112 cards plus simple instructions. For 2 to 10 players, 7 years old and up.