Table of Contents
- Trader Joes Chile Mango Fruit Floes Product Review
- Bestselling Trader Joes Chile Mango Fruit Floes in 2020
- 1. 4 Packs Trader Joes Dried Fruit Soft & Juicy Mango
- 2. 3 Pack Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Just Mango Slices (6 Oz)
- 3. Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Just Mango Slices 6 ounces (Pack of 4)
- 4. Trader Joe's Freeze Dried Mango (Pack of 4)
- 5. Trader Joe's Mango! Mango! Fruit Yogurt Gummies Pack of 3
- 6. Trader Joe's Dried Chile Spiced Mango (Spiced Mango, 3 packages)
- 7. Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Soft & Juicy Mango,6 oz
- 8. Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Soft & Juicy Mango 6 oz (CASE OF 6)
- 9. Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Soft and Juicy Mango (Pack of 3)
- 10. Trader Joe's Dried Chile Spiced Mango 8 oz (227g)
I'm no novice when it comes to strange, exotic tastes. I've had a lot of experience with bizarre and often unpleasant Latin cuisine (chicharron tacos, the worm in a bottle of tequila, making out with someone named Alberto), but one of the oddest things I've ever tasted is a chile powder-covered mango.
Hispanics are known for their love of sweet and spicy, and who can blame them? It really makes your tongue do a Mexican hat dance with a four-piece mariachi band of flavor. Usually, there are a host of different sweet/spicy/tangy/salty foods to enjoy from your local bodega (or in my case, the ethnic aisle at Meijer) but the best as-close-to-authentic-tasting-as-possible flavors can be found as close as my neighborhood Trader Joe's.
Trader Joe's usually has a few fruit floes (or frozen fruit novelties, depending on what trademark you're trying not to violate) in tamer varieties such as strawberry, lime, and tropical. I give kudos to TJ's (we're totally on a nickname-basis) for branching out with their brand of popsi-... er... I mean, fruit floes, but this one might have better been left alone.
These pops come four to a box and are completely gluten-free and vegan (for those of us that can't enjoy a delicious chicarron taco... and I must say those of us are lucky bastards). Additionally, for those of us that abstain from chicarron tacos for the calorie content alone and not because they're completely disgusting, these Chile Mango Fruit Floes tip the scales at a mere 110 calories and 0 grams of fat.
You get a 4 oz pop to enjoy, which is roughly the size of a smartphone; and although the Chile Mango Fruit Floe is more nutritious than a smartphone, a Chile Mango Fruit Floe will not help you ignore calls and texts you get from ex-boyfriends named Alberto.
You might be interested to read about:
The Fruit Floe is a pretty orange color, dotted with many little bits of chili powder. I was worried that the pop itself was going to be coated in brick red, cough-inducting chile powder but this was not the case. The first taste I had wasn't entirely pleasant, but it wasn't entirely awful either (sort of like making out with Alberto).
The combination of spicy chile powder, tangy mango, and cold ice-pop-ness was a bit of a sensory overload for my tongue (which was not at all like making out with Alberto). The first taste was, I admit, pretty spicy. I can take spicy food but this definitely made my nose start to run.
My mouth got used to the weird combination of real cold and artificial heat, and I bit into the Floe itself. I was greeted by chunks of real mango. They were present throughout the whole of the Fruit Floe. The sweetness and tanginess of the mango really toned the heat down and made for a more pleasant experience overall.
This frozen treat, while delicioso in its own way, is not something that I would personally reach for when I wanted something sweet and refreshing on a 100 degree day. I can understand Trader Joe's use of a little too much chile powder (flavors are often muted when used in a frozen product) but I think that using less chile powder would have made this pop as close to perfect as can be. It would appeal to a wider range of palettes, especially frozen treat-lovers who aren't fans of spicy foods.
Nutrition Facts -- 1 bar -- 110 calories, 0 calories from fat, 0 grams of fat, 0 grams of saturated fat, 0 grams of trans fat, 0.5 grams of polyunsaturated fat, 0 gram of monounsaturated fat, 0 milligrams of cholesterol, 160 milligrams of sodium, 0 milligrams of potassium, 28 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fiber, 26 grams of sugar, 1 gram of protein, 45% Vitamin A and 20% Vitamin C.
Bestselling Trader Joes Chile Mango Fruit Floes Products in 2020
4 Packs Trader Joes Dried Fruit Soft & Juicy Mango
- Trader Joes Soft and Juicy Mango
- 6 ounce (Pack of 4)
- Dried Mango
3 Pack Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Just Mango Slices (6 Oz)
Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Just Mango Slices 6 ounces (Pack of 4)
- Just Mango Slices
- 6 ounces to a bag
- Unsulfured & unsweetened
Trader Joe's Freeze Dried Mango (Pack of 4)
Trader Joe's Mango! Mango! Fruit Yogurt Gummies Pack of 3
- Soft candies flavored with Mango, Passionfruit and Yogurt.
- Contains Wheat, Milk, Soy, Coconut.
Trader Joe's Dried Chile Spiced Mango (Spiced Mango, 3 packages)
- Trader Joe's Chile Spiced Mango 8 oz (Pack of 3)
- Sweetened and Unsulfered
- Delicious healthy snack with a kick!
- 110 calories per serving, no fat
Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Soft & Juicy Mango,6 oz
- These dried mangoes are delicious and a customer favorite. Trader Joe's Soft and Juicy Mango--soft, juicy, delicious mango taste, lightly sweetened.
Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Soft & Juicy Mango 6 oz (CASE OF 6)
- Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Soft & Juicy Mango
- These dried mangoes are delicious and a customer favorite.
- Delicious mango taste, lightly sweetened.
- Case of 6
Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Soft and Juicy Mango (Pack of 3)
Trader Joe's Dried Chile Spiced Mango 8 oz (227g)
- Trader Joe's product
- Dried Fruit
- 8 oz
- Unsweetened & Unsulfured