Table of Contents
- The Skrapr Product Review
- Bestselling The Skrapr in 2021
- 1. Handy Home 22701 The Skrapr and Skrapr Junior Kit
- 2. Handy Home SKRAPR/BLK-U The SKRAPR Black, 1, Black
- 3. SKrAPr Surface Cleaner
- 4. Fox Run Skrapr/Skrapr JR Set Ultimate Smooth Scraper 8" x 2" x 2" 22701 (2-Pack)
- 5. SKrAPr Ulitmate Surface Scraper Set, Set of 4 Scrapers (2 Regular and 2 Mini)
- 6. Handy Home The Skrapr Grill Cleaning Tool
- 7. SkrAPr Handy Home - The Grillr, BBQ Cleaning Tools - Set of 2
The SKraPr is an As Seen On TV product that is simple and highly effective at what it does, scraping stuff from surfaces like burnt on food from a stove top.
- Ease of Use/Performance: 25/25
- Convenience/Storage 24/25
- Appearance/Design 24/25
- How much I enjoy 23/25
- Total: 96/100
The SKrAPr is a resin scraper with a nice smooth handle that makes scraping and cleaning a wide variety of surfaces quick and easy as well as safe. By safe I mean not only as a scratch proof way to scrape off surfaces but safe by not having sharp edges or a small handle to harm the user.
The scraper uses a resin material that is food contact safe so you can use it on cooking items and food preparation areas for public use at restaurants and other public places. The SKrAPr comes with the scraper itself instructions and a sanding pad to straighten and true up the edge of your SKrAPr.
You can purchase the two sizes from a few places online or at the SKrAPr website for about $15 for the pair of SKrAPr's in the 4 and 8 inch sizes. I did not find any of the scrapers for sale at local stores, you may have better luck in a larger home or cooking store in a large city.
I received a large 8 inch SKrAPr that has an inch and 3/4 long scraping edge with the handle tapering from 3/4 inch to an inch round near the rounded end. This gives a nice fit in the palm of your hand while scraping so there is no point to hurt you from pressing on the handle of the tool.
You might be interested to read about:
The small SKrAPr Jr I also received is a mini version of the SKrAPr with a hole in the handle for a key ring that is 4 inches long and has a 7/8 long edge. The SKrAPr is perfect in the kitchen for general scraping of pots and pans, cook surfaces or grills.
Around the house or in the garage or even yard the SKrAPr can be used safely on glass for scraping crud off windows or ice from your car window. You can use it for removing stickers from just about any flat surface that those rambunctious kids have placed or from products that have all those advertisements like laptops with their Intel or AMD stickers.
You can scrape the bottom of your mower or the top of your glass cooktop just as easily with the hard resin edge that will not scratch when used as a flat edge. I am sure you could scratch some surfaces using the point of the SKrAPr but it would take some work or direct tries to scratch a surface.
Using the SKrAPr for simple scraping or removing cooked, baked or dried on messes from your cooking or grilling surfaces is easy. The SKrAPr can get into tight corners using either end of the edge but for more gentle corners you will be out of luck.
In pots and pans the SKrAPr works pretty well at scraping out burnt on food but for those gentle corners of pots you may not be able to get at all the edges. The SKrAPr worked very well on my countertops and easily removed dried on food, stickers and more easily.
I really like the idea of a kitchen scraper that fits my hand and has a large enough end that fits comfortably into your palm. The SKrAPr works well at what it's made for and worked excellently at just about all the jobs I tried it out on and even the small SKrAPr Jr worked well for some jobs.
I found the SKrAPr Jr worked exceptionally well at scraping the gunk off of a CPU, getting that thermal compound from the inch or so CPU surface worked really well. Having a small enough scraper for this one job is great and it worked really well with its ring for hanging it up in my office to keep it handy.
The SKrAPr comes with a sanding pad that is just a small disc of sand paper but comes in handy to keep it with the SKrAPr cylindrical container that also is handy for keeping the SKrAPr. I like the idea of the mini SKrAPr on a key chain but I really don't think the larger one would work as well with a hole in it for a loop to hang it up with but you can try that as well.
One of the problems I have seen in the past was using a scraper that did not fit comfortably in the palm of your hand and would rub or poke hard at your palm. The SKrAPr works well and is very comfortable even when you have to apply a lot of pressure using the palm of your hand.
The SKrAPr makes a great whole house and work shop tool that I highly recommend, actually you should be getting a couple before you really need them.
Bestselling The Skrapr Products in 2021
Handy Home 22701 The Skrapr and Skrapr Junior Kit
- Large: 2 x 8 inch, Junior: 1 x 4 inch
- Manufactured from a patented resin, does not promote mildew or bacteria growth
- Use for those tough clean-up tasks
- Can be used on most common surfaces
- Dishwasher safe
Handy Home SKRAPR/BLK-U The SKRAPR Black, 1, Black
- Use on most counter surfaces
- Safe for hardwood floors
- Provides scratch free cleaning
SKrAPr Surface Cleaner
- Scrapes smooth surfaces such as glass, top stoves, kitchen counter tops, granite, marble, ceramic surfaces and ice on car windshields
Fox Run Skrapr/Skrapr JR Set Ultimate Smooth Scraper 8" x 2" x 2" 22701 (2-Pack)
- Made from a patented resin
- Dishwasher safe
- Can be used on pots, pans, ceramic surface, kitchen counter tops and glass top stoves
- Also can be used on hardwood flooring, windshields, indoor grills and much more
- Comes with a large (8-inch) and small (4-inch) SkRapr
SKrAPr Ulitmate Surface Scraper Set, Set of 4 Scrapers (2 Regular and 2 Mini)
- 2 packs of set of 2 ultimate surface scrapers (2 large and 2 small), designed for smooth surfaces
- Made from a patented resin (45 percent glass and 55 percent plastic); dishwasher friendly
- Perfect to be used on pots, pans, ceramic surface, kitchen counter tops and glass top stoves
- Ideal to be used on hardwood flooring, windshields, indoor grills and much more
- Dimensions: 2 x 8" (large) and 1 x 4" (small)
Handy Home The Skrapr Grill Cleaning Tool
- The ultimate grill cleaning tool
- The handle is made of a proprietary resin that is 45 percent glass and 55 percent plastic; blade is made up of a 430 cutlery grade stainless steel
- The Grillr is a virtually indestructible product
- The Grillr comes with a leather strap that can easily hook onto any BBQ grill
- Can be cleaned in dishwasher
SkrAPr Handy Home - The Grillr, BBQ Cleaning Tools - Set of 2
- Set of 2 surface scrapers with junior scrapers, perfect cleaning tool for your BBQ
- Made from a patented resin, dishwasher safe
- Blade is designed with unique chisel-points and arcs to fit all grill shapes and sizes
- Features a stainless steel blade for maximum strength and durability against the toughest surfaces
- Dimensions: 2 x 8" (large) and 1 x 4" (small)