Table of Contents
- SIIG USB to ExpressCard Adapter Product Review
- Bestselling SIIG USB to ExpressCard Adapter in 2021
- 1. SIIG USB to ExpressCard (JU-EP0012-S1)
- 2. SIIG M.2 NGFF SSD (M Key) to PCIe 3.0 x4 Card Adapter For 2230, 2242,2260, 2280 M.2 PCIe Host Controller Expansion Card SSDs NVMe or AHCI - (SC-M20014-S1)
- 3. USB to Expresscard Adapter Sup
The SIIG USB to ExpressCard Adapter is an inexpensive solution for getting your ExpressCards into a USB connection for versatility of those newer ExpressCards.
- Ease of Use, Performance: 20/25
- Look &Feel: 20/25
- Features 20/25
- How much I enjoy 20/25
- Total: 80/100
Looking for a USB to ExpressCard Adapter and not wanting one of those cheap plastic ones, the SIIG USB to ExpressCard Adapter part # JU-000012-S1 works great. The SIIG Adapter allows you to plug your USB based ExpressCard 54mm or 34mm adapter in and connect them to your PC through a USB connection.
The SIIG USB to ExpressCard Adapter allows you to plug an ExpressCard 34mm wide or 54mm wide with the notch and connect it directly to a computer or laptop with the USB connection. The SIIG adapter comes with the USB to ExpressCard Adapter, a short USB mini-B to A USB cable and instructions that are very simple.
While this does not work for network cards the reason I wanted one was to add the same functionality of my USB ExpressCard with its four ports to my laptop without having the card sticking out. I have used my older laptop for some testing or reviews as well as just want to use the older laptop for something other than a paper weight.
I just hate to waste older components that are in perfect working order so I tried a solution in a SIIG USB to ExpressCard Adapter to connect my USB ExpressCard. I had to get a 4 port USB ExpressCard for a review several months ago and decided that I would continue to use the laptop but don't like the card sticking out or the cables for that matter.
You might be interested to read about:
I have this laptop dock but it only has a couple of USB ports so I connected the dock to the laptop using the SIIG Adapter and get the three ports plus the two on the dock for my setup. This leaves me plenty of connections for this little setup but there are other situations you may want one as well.
The SIIG USB based adapter will allow you to plug any 54mm or 34mm ExpressCards in that are for USB based devices as opposed to PCI which is a faster communication standard. The USB adapter cards are more for connections and adding devices like printers or controllers like keyboards to your computer.
The SIIG ExpressCard Adapter works well as a way to use that older laptop with the current crop of ExpressCards and the SIIG adapter is better one. The SIIG adapter has the short USB cable that may not be the best for your situation, the adapter does use the common mini-B USB connection so any USB cable with the common connections can be used.
I had no problems using a printer, mouse, keyboard and Genius iSlim webcam through the SIIG ExpressCard adapter using a USB ExpressCard from Rosewill. The SIIG adapter can fit the slimmer 34mm ExpressCards and the wider 54mm ones with the notch that gives the base of the adapter 34mm width.
The SIIG adapter does not add any appreciable lag to devices that I could tell or detect with some simple testing of hard drive speed tests. I did not find any noticeable lag in read or write speeds using HD Tune to measure speeds, the drive through the adapter performed just as well as direct connection to my motherboard.
If you want to expand an older laptop with more connections and use a new ExpressCard or for whatever reason the SIIG USB to ExpressCard Adapter works great and has a nice metal case for durability.
I highly recommend the SIIG USB to ExpressCard Adapter as a great connection for your ExpressCards to a common USB connection.
Bestselling SIIG USB to ExpressCard Adapter Products in 2021
SIIG USB to ExpressCard (JU-EP0012-S1)
SIIG M.2 NGFF SSD (M Key) to PCIe 3.0 x4 Card Adapter For 2230, 2242,2260, 2280 M.2 PCIe Host Controller Expansion Card SSDs NVMe or AHCI - (SC-M20014-S1)
- DRAMATICALLY INCREASE SPEED AND PERFORMANCE: Adds one M.2 PCIe SSD (M key) to your Windows 10, 8.x, 7, or any PCIe-equipped desktop computer. MacBook is not supported.
- INTUITIVE DESIGN: Accommodates 2230, 2242, 2260 and 2280 form factor M.2 SSDs (NVMe or AHCI) via multiple mounting holes !!!NOTE: Systems released prior to 2015 may not support NVMe SSDs. Please check with your system provider for compatible SSD
- VERSATILE APPLICATIONS: Supports PCIe 3.0 motherboards and is backward compatible with PCIe 1.0 and PCIe 2.0; also supports PCIe x4 bus slot and is compatible with x8 / x16 bus slot
- EASY SETUP: No driver installation required ( If there is an exclamation mark after installing the adapter, please ask the SSD supplier to offer the NVME driver for SSD to PCIe ); Includes both low-profile and full-profile slot brackets for flexible system chassis installation (perfect for 2U case), with built-in LEDs to indicate power and data transfer status
- NOTE: This adapter is not compatible with B key M.2 PCIe SSDs or B key M.2 SATA SSDs. If you have any question or concern regarding this product, please feel free to contact us directly before or after purchase.
USB to Expresscard Adapter Sup
- Compliant with USB specification, revision 2.0
- Allows USB-based ExpressCard/54 /34 adapters to work through your system USB 2.0 port
- Supports data transfer rate up to 480Mb/s
- Share your USB-based ExpressCard devices between your laptop and desktop (with this adapter)