Table of Contents
- Quiddler Product Review
- Bestselling Quiddler in 2020
- 1. Quiddler Word Game
- 2. The Quiddler SHORT Word Dictionary
- 3. Quiddler Mini Round Card Game
- 4. WordSpiel Card Game
- 5. SET Enterprises Five Crowns
- 6. Play On Words Card Game - Extra-Creative Word Making Fun for All Ages - A Parents' Choice Award Winner
- 7. SET Enterprises Quiddler Deluxe
- 8. Grandpa Beck’s Cover Your Assets Card Game | Fun Family-Friendly Set-Collecting Game | Enjoyed by Kids, Teens, and Adults | From the Creators of Skull King | Ideal for 2-8 Players Ages 7+
- 9. SET: The Family Game of Visual Perception
- 10. Esdevium Games QUI001 Quiddler Card Game
In our house we love to play games: video games, card games, board games, strategy games, and any kind of "fun in a box" that lets us spend time together testing our skills or just having fun. While there is a bit of skill and strategy involved "Quiddler" is one of the games that requires a bit more thinking than some, but is a lot of fun!
"Quiddler" (at least the edition we have) comes in a dark blue box, the size and shape of two decks of cards, with yellow writing. The box proclaims that "Quiddler" is "for the fun of words" and is "The Short Word Game". I especially love anything to do with playing with words, so I found this very appealing.
"Quiddler" is a card game, consisting of 118 cards and instructions. Each card has a letter (or sometimes 2, like "th") that players are given to attempt to make words. The decorative and whimsical letters are reminiscent of those in old manuscripts and were, according to the instruction sheet, "inspired by Celtic manuscripts from 500-800 AD". (I enjoy little tid-bits like this.) This game is probably not great for younger kids, as it requires a bit more vocabulary and spelling than they may be ready for.
The box recommends "Quiddler" for ages eight through adult. The box also says "Quiddler" can be played by 1 to 8 players, but I've found it best with 3 to 5. Any more makes the game take too long, and people get impatient for it to get back to their turn. Also make sure you have a dictionary handy, for any "questionable" words.
You might be interested to read about:
Game play for "Quiddler" is fairly straightforward. For the first round, three cards are dealt. The next round, four cards are dealt, then five, then six, up though the ten card round.) Each round, players try to make a word or words. Each word must consist of at least 2 cards. There is the typical drawing and discarding, etc. When one player lays down all cards, the others have one more chance to make words.
Then everyone figures up their scores (or adds a zero, if they have been given a whole handful of consonants or vowels, or several unusable "q"s and "j"s). I know it may actually sound a bit dull, but it's quite fun. We are not too competitive and always try to help each other find words at the end anyway. We also let the names of mythological gods and goddesses be played, in spite of the "no proper nouns" rule. (Though we do not allow Star Wars characters or Pokemon, which, now that I think of it, seems a bit random, but, oh well.)
You really don't have to have a huge vocabulary to enjoy this game. It's more of a word puzzle than a test of knowledge, though both can come into play. The fact that you get extra points for having the longest word or the most words also kind of levels the playing field. My strategy is usually to lay down all my cards as soon as I can. The theory is that everyone else then is forced to play whatever they can. It sounds like a good strategy.
I usually don't win.
"Quiddler" is a fun little card game, for friends or a family with older kids. "Quiddler" was fairly inexpensive especially considering the many times it has been and is likely to be played. I highly recommend "Quiddler" for your game collection!
Bestselling Quiddler Products in 2020
Quiddler Word Game
- All ages can play this fast-paced game because even short words like at, of, and zoo, can lead to a win!
- 1-10 players
- Exercises both vocabulary and spelling skills
- Grade 2 and up
The Quiddler SHORT Word Dictionary
- Includes over 10,000 short words
- Easily find the best 2, 3, 4, & 5 letter words
- Arranged both alphabetically & by the number of letters per word
- Dominate Quiddler's most words bonus with this Dictionary
- Perfect gift for Quiddler fans!
Quiddler Mini Round Card Game
- Quiddler Mini Round is a Shorter, Faster Version of the original game.
- It’s simple, quick & captivating! Perfect for on-the-go entertainment.
- Ages 8 to adult 2-4 Players Play a game in 15 minutes or less!
- Fits easily in a backpack, purse or pocket.
- Makes a perfect present: Makes a perfect present: Easter baskets, birthdays, thank you, gift baskets, teacher appreciation, stocking stuffers….
WordSpiel Card Game
- New word game from the creator of SET, Quiddler, Five Crowns & Karma.
- WordSpiel is the game – Where the END…is just the BEGINNING!
- Each word spins off the last, so the game will never be the same twice!
- Perfect for family & friends of all ages — kids can compete with adults!
- Ages 8 to adult 1-6 Players Includes a digital timer.
SET Enterprises Five Crowns
- Five suited rummy style game with a rotating wild card
- Easy to learn, Fun for kids and adults
- Ages 8 to adult 1 7 Players Includes solitaire version
- Quick favorite for both avid and casual card players
- Winner of over 10 Best Game Awards
Play On Words Card Game - Extra-Creative Word Making Fun for All Ages - A Parents' Choice Award Winner
- AWARD WINNING FAMILY GAME: Winner of a Parents' Choice Foundation Silver Honor Award. Parents' Choice calls it a "clever, fun-to-play, mind-expanding game."
- PERFECT CARD GAME FOR AGES 8 & UP: For 1-4 players, or play in teams for more fun. This family game is perfect for casual word game players, novice spellers, parents and kids, teachers and students! Everyone can enjoy it at home, at school, or while traveling.
- CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS: Easy to learn with clear, high quality instructions. You can start playing immediately! 80 card deck including flip cards, combo cards and wild cards. Starter game, Full-Deck and Solitaire versions all included in instructions
- ENJOYABLE SMALL PARTY GAME: Added special cards and other features make the game as robust and enjoyable as possible – keeping it simple but still making it challenging for both average players and word game aficionados.
- MADE IN AMERICA!
SET Enterprises Quiddler Deluxe
- The SHORT Word Game winner of over 20 Best Game Awards including MENSA Select
- For the FUN of words
- Unique dictionary, score pad, pencil and Q-shaped tin
- Easy to learn with unlimited replay value
- A delightful challenge for rookies and wordsmiths alike
Grandpa Beck’s Cover Your Assets Card Game | Fun Family-Friendly Set-Collecting Game | Enjoyed by Kids, Teens, and Adults | From the Creators of Skull King | Ideal for 2-8 Players Ages 7+
- GRANDPA BECK KNOWS BEST: A passion for family time inspires these gamemakers
- CLASSIC STRATEGY GAME: Competitive play where the 1st to reach 1M in assets wins.
- FUN FOR ALL: Create lasting memories and playful competition anytime, anywhere.
- SIMPLE TO PLAY: Complete with simple-to-follow rules to get started right away.
- EXCEPTIONAL FAMILY FUN: Your fun is our mission with all our games.
SET: The Family Game of Visual Perception
- The Family Game of Visual Perception
- Winner of over 35 Best Game awards
- Great family game, kids can compete with adults
- Easy to learn and unlimited replay value
- Classic fast paced game with no turns and no luck
Esdevium Games QUI001 Quiddler Card Game
- Fun Card Game with Unique Twist
- Games are Quick and Challenging.
- Includes Solitaire Rules.
- For Ages 8+
- For 1 to 8 Players.