Table of Contents
- Original Crybaby Wah Product Review
- Bestselling Original Crybaby Wah in 2020
- 1. Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 Classic Wah Pedal Bundle with 2 Patch Cables and 6 Assorted Dunlop Picks
- 2. Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 Classic Wah Pedal w/2 FREE Patch Cables
- 3. Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby Wah Guitar Effects Pedal
- 4. Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby Standard Wah Pedal Bundle with Blucoil Slim 9V Power Supply AC Adapter, and 4-Pack of Celluloid Guitar Picks
- 5. Dunlop 535Q Cry Baby Multi-Wah Guitar Effects Pedal
- 6. Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Ultimate Wah-Wah Pedal with Optical Control
- 7. VOX V845 Classic Wah Wah Guitar Effects Pedal
- 8. Jim Dunlop ECB003US 9-Volt AC Adapter
- 9. Donner 2 in 1 Vowel Mini Active Wah Volume Effect Guitar Pedal
- 10. Dunlop 95Q Cry Baby Wah Wah
riginal Crybaby wah pedal has been around for decades now. It is practically a staple of electric guitar effects, and should be appreciated for its contribution to rock 'n roll music. But you still don't need to get one, in my opinion. It is the first of its kind, and I can't think of any better reason not to get one. It may have been the first, but practically every decent, venerable wah pedal that has come out since is better, including the ones by Crybaby.
As far as sound goes, in and of itself, the quality is fairly good. It is crisp and distinct, and hitting the max on it can really add some extra punch to a solo note. The problem is, the footswitch is not very well made. Any time you hit it, especially to turn the wah on, there is a cracking sound that is quite noticeable and annoying, at least when there is not a whole lot of music going on around you. Also, the switch itself is not that sensitive.
You might be interested to read about:
O found myself on more than one occasion pressing down really hard and getting nothing out of it. As you play more and more, your skill with that sort of thing will increase, but still, it is rather annoying. And I would strongly urge you to check your EQ to make sure that you do not get feedback when you approach the max, as this happened a couple of times when I first got it.
Yes, I'll admit, it is pretty darn cheap, but it is only worth it if you are just trying to get by. Once you get serious, there a myriad of better choices to pick from, including the Vox, Little Buddha, and even several from Crybaby, including the Jimi Hendrix, which has an automatic bypass when the wah is brought to the up position, and the 95Q, which allows you to more or less adjust the min and max. Heck, you could even get the Boss pedal if you are just starting out, as it has several types of wah built in, as well as an overdrive.
So yes, this is a classic pedal, but classic does not always mean the best. To be fair, the pedal has shown itself to be reliable and has not malfunctioned since I first owned it. But if you're wanting anything at least remotely modern, steer clear.
Bestselling Original Crybaby Wah Products in 2020
Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 Classic Wah Pedal Bundle with 2 Patch Cables and 6 Assorted Dunlop Picks
- The original Dunlop Cry Baby Wah effects pedal
- Used by greats — from Hendrix to Clapton to Gilmour and beyond
- Heavy-duty diecast construction for years of reliability
- 100K ohm Hot Potz potentiometer that allows for that quick, abrupt wah sound
- Bundle includes 2 6-inch right angle patch cables and 6 assorted Dunlop PVP101 picks
Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 Classic Wah Pedal w/2 FREE Patch Cables
- Save with this bundle. Package includes: Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 Classic Wah Pedal w/2 FREE Patch Cables
- 100k ohm Hot Potz potentiometer that allows for a quick, abrupt wah sound
- Powered by the Dunlop ECB-03 AC Adapter and/or 9 volt battery Dunlop Crybaby Dunlop Crybaby guitar pedal Crybaby foot pedal Crybaby wah effect pedal wah pedal Crybaby wah pedal Dunlop Crybaby Dunlop Crybaby guitar pedal Dunlop Crybaby guitar effect pedal
- Heavy die cast construction for years of reliability Dunlop Crybaby Dunlop Crybaby guitar pedal Crybaby foot pedal Crybaby wah effect pedal wah pedal Crybaby wah pedal Dunlop Crybaby Dunlop Crybaby guitar pedal Dunlop Crybaby guitar effect pedal
- Dunlop Crybaby Dunlop Crybaby guitar pedal Crybaby foot pedal Crybaby wah effect pedal wah pedal Crybaby wah pedal Dunlop Crybaby Dunlop Crybaby guitar pedal Dunlop Crybaby guitar effect pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby Wah Guitar Effects Pedal
- Heavy Die Cast Construction
- Powered by the Dunlop ECB-03 AC Adapter (not included) and/or 9 volt battery
- Dimensions: 10" x 4" x 2-1/2"
- Weight: 3.7 lbs.
- Color: Black
Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby Standard Wah Pedal Bundle with Blucoil Slim 9V Power Supply AC Adapter, and 4-Pack of Celluloid Guitar Picks
- EMULATES FUNKY WAH SOUNDS - The Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby pedal adds extra flavor to a clean guitar by faithfully recreating the 1966 Thomas Oregon Wah Wah sounds. But compared to Oregon, the GCB95 is made with sturdier parts to ensure extended usage.
- CURBS THE LOSS IN YOUR TONES - Jim Dunlop utilizes True Hardwire Bypass Circuitry in the GCB95 to ensure you get clean tones and consistent tonal integrity.
- PRODUCES SWIFT WAH SOUNDS - This pedal has a low-noise 100kOhm Hot Potz potentiometer that emits quick, rapid wah sound.
- OFFERS 2 POWER OPERATION SOURCES - You can use either a 9V battery or AC battery on the GCB95 Cry Baby. The battery option lets you play with the pedal even when there's no electrical socket outdoors. While the AC adapter, the chance of low-battery dying while performing on stage is significantly reduced.
- INCLUDES - Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby Standard Wah Pedal. Blucoil Power Supply with Slim AC/DC Adapter for 9 Volt DC 670mA with US Plug (Center Negative Polarity). 4-Pack of Blucoil Thin Celluloid Guitar Picks (Assorted Colors).
Dunlop 535Q Cry Baby Multi-Wah Guitar Effects Pedal
- Provides control over the most important wah parameters
- Ability to select frequency center and range of the effect
- Features adjustable, switchable boost
- Power: Dunlop ECB003 AC adapter or single 9 volt battery
- Offers six new guitar wah ranges, "Q" dial allows you to shape your wah from a narrow, sharp wah to a broad, subtle wah.
- Features a variable boost from 0 to +26 dB
- Hard wire on/off switch
Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Ultimate Wah-Wah Pedal with Optical Control
- Multi-functional Wah-Wah pedal—offers everything you need for all styles and sounds
- This BEHRINGER product has been designed to compete head to head with leading products on the market
- Total optical control for wear-and-tear-free pedal operation (no mechanical pots and switches)
- Unique spring-back pedal mechanism with resistance adjustment for ultimate playing style (option to remove)
- Heel-down frequency range freely adjustable via Range control (440 Hz to 250 Hz) for use even with bass guitars
VOX V845 Classic Wah Wah Guitar Effects Pedal
- Vox's V845 Wah Wah Pedal preserves the spirit and tone of the early VOX wah-wah pedals"a sound still sought after by today's players
- Designed to withstand the rigors of life on the road, the V845 features a solid yet lightweight die-cast aluminum housing, as found on authentic VOX wah pedals from the 1960s
- The Vox V845 Classic Wah Wah Guitar Effects Pedal is based on the specifications of the original pedal developed by VOX in the '60s
- The V845 Wah-Wah offers guitarists the same legendary Wah-Wah tone in a new sturdy but very affordable design
- The fitted AC power connector saves on batteries and the outer case is coated with tough all-black finish making the VOX Classic Wah-Wah a perfect choice for your pedal board
Jim Dunlop ECB003US 9-Volt AC Adapter
- 9-Volt AC Adapter
- Current: 0.66A
- 2.1mm x 5.5mm Barrel Connector
- Negative Center
Donner 2 in 1 Vowel Mini Active Wah Volume Effect Guitar Pedal
- 1.Analog circuit design, 2 functions in 1 pedal - active volume and Vintage Wah pedal.
- 2.Active volune design for eliminating signal loss.
- 3.The Wah response is based on the original Crybaby response.
- 4.Made of hard plastic lightweight casing but very robust and well made.
- 5.Two Led lights lead to easy operation, switch between two mods by footswitch.Not Power Adapter Come With
Dunlop 95Q Cry Baby Wah Wah
- "Q" Control varies the intensity of the wah
- Volume Boost for up to +15dB of added gain
- Auto-Return function automatically engages effect
- Power: Dunlop ECB003 AC Adapter or Single 9 volt battery