I like to shop around for healthier, low fat snack options.
But I also wonder whether the taste will be as good as the full fat variety. Recently, I came across a no sugar added variety of butter pecan ice cream by Breyers. I decided to give it a try as I had heard good reports about this particular brand of ice cream from a friend. She said the butter pecan was the best variety she had tried.
This was enough of a recommendation for me to decide to try it.
I gave this ice cream a try without adding anything on top such as chopped nuts or fruit. The front of the ice cream tub said that it was "double churned" and "extra creamy". This gave me the impression that it would taste rich and creamy. But it did not really taste very rich me to me at all. I could tell that this was a reduced fat ice cream.
You might be interested to read about:
But it did contain a lot of pecans. In just about every bite I could taste pecans. I would say that the taste of this ice cream was average, rather than truly satisfying. If you are also looking for a reduced fat ice cream with no added sugar, you may want to look at the nutrition facts and see if it would appeal to you.
- Serving size 1/2 cup (61g)
- Servings per container 14
- Calories 110 Calories from fat 60
- Total fat 6g
- Saturated fat 2.5g
- Trans fat 0g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 105mg
- Total carbohydrate 14g
- Dietary fibre 4g
- Sugars 4g
- Sugar alcohol 4g
- Protein 2g
- Vitamin A 4%
- Calcium 6%
If you are following a Weight Watcher's diet, then each serving is equivalent to 2 points. If you compare the no sugar added butter pecan ice cream by Breyers with the regular butter pecan ice cream you will notice that the regular product contains 170 calories and 10g of fat per serving. So the reduced fat and no sugar added variety contains fewer calories and much less fat.
This is an important consideration for people who are watching their weight or trying to lose weight. This ice cream will still allow them to indulge without having to worry so much about the extra calories and fat.
In conclusion, I would recommend this ice cream to people who are looking for a healthier snack alternative.
Bestselling No Sugar Added Butter Pecan Ice Cream By Breyers Products in 2020
Breyers, Vanilla All Natural Ice Cream, Pint (8 Count)
- Nothing beats the delicious taste of Breyers Natural Vanilla ice cream. It's the perfect pair to your favorite desserts!
- Ice cream made with sustainably farmed, Rainforest Alliance Certified vanilla beans & vanilla bean specks you can see! Partnering with American Farmers. 100% Grade A Milk and Cream.
- Made in accordance to our Breyers Pledge, starting with high quality ingredients like fresh cream, sugar & milk.
- Made with All American Dairy; with milk and cream from cows not treated with Artificial Growth Hormones**
- Gluten free and Kosher dairy.
Breyers, Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, Pint (8 Count)
- Cool, white mint ice cream with the real taste of mint and rich chocolatey chips - it's what Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip is all about!
- Made with fresh cream, sugar and milk.
- Partnering with American Farmers. 100% Grade A Milk and Cream.
- Made in accordance to our Breyers Pledge, starting with high quality ingredients.
- Flavors and colors from natural sources.