When I have the time, I prefer to cook from scratch. However, I often don't have the time so I resort to shortcuts just like everyone else.
When it comes to trusting the taste of my finished product to any brand, there is one name I will reach for without hesitation. It is McCormick.
Whether it is for the spices that add zest to my meals or the gravies that provide that last important finishing touch, McCormick almost always fits the bill. Such is certainly the case when it comes of delicious tasting gravies.
One of my favorite McCormick gravies is their Roasted Garlic Gravy for Steak. It is, quite simply, delicious!
The mix comes in a pre-packaged mix that makes four servings. Making it couldn't be easier. It can be done on the stove or in the microwave.
For stove top preparation, pour the mix into a small pan. Add one cup of cold water and whisk thoroughly. Then place the pan over medium heat, stirring until the gravy thickens. Then, Voila, you have a gravy fit for a king.
For microwave preparation, pour the mix into a microwave safe bowl. Add one cup of cold water and whisk to blend thoroughly. Put into microwave and cook on high for between two and three minutes. Stir at least once during the process.
You might be interested to read about:
If you want, you can add other items to the gravy. I like to add some fresh garlic, mushrooms, or onion from time to time. McCormick also suggests mixing in mustard (1/4 to ½ teaspoon) and/or balsamic vinegar (2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon). A friend of mine likes to add a few teaspoons of Ranch dressing.
The point is that you can get creative and make customized gravies using this mix as a base. All it takes is a little imagination.
McCormick's Roasted Garlic Gravy for Steak contains 35 calories per serving. Five of those calories unfortunately do come from fat, for a total of .5 grams of fat per serving. It also contains 350 milligrams of sodium, 5 grams of carbohydrate and 1 gram of sugar. There is some -- less than 1 gram -- of protein.
Here is my summary review:
Preparation ease: Just follow the instructions and you will get a perfect gravy every time.
Taste: The brown gravy is rich and delicious. The garlic taste is light and refreshing.
Packaging: The bright red package with the easily recognizable McCormick label is easy to find. The Roast Garlic Gravy for Stake has a black band across the top, with white lettering. It is almost impossible to miss.
Freshness: Dehydrated ingredients include beef fat and stock, black pepper, caramel color, chives, corn gluten and syrup, cream solids, dehydrated chicken, garlic, molasses, nonfat dry milk, onion, salt, sesame oil, soy bean, protein and sauce, salt, sugar, tamarind, vinegar, wheat flour, gluten and starch, Worcestershire and yeast extract.
Dietary value: The gravy has trace amounts of folic acid, iron, riboflavin and thiamine.
Ease of purchase: McCormick products are sold in most grocery stores and some discount and drug stores as well.
Product purchase probability: I use this gravy all the time.
Retailer purchase probability: I get mine primarily at the commissary because I can save even more.
Final rating: 4.6 stars.
Bestselling McCormick Roasted Garlic Gravy for Steak Products in 2021
McCormick Black Garlic Powder Seasoning, 3.12 oz
- Sweet-savory blend of salt, black garlic, garlic, roasted garlic & cocoa powder
- Garlic fermented at least 90 days for savory flavor
- Gives umami-rich flavor to everyday foods like steak and roasted potatoes
- Swap for regular garlic before, during and after cooking
- Whisk into vinaigrette and drizzle over salad greens
McCormick Culinary Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning, 24 oz
- McCormick Culinary Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning is made with a superior blend of spices including onion, paprika, garlic and salt to create authentic, slow-roasted rotisserie flavor
- Kosher with no MSG added
- Blended especially for chefs, McCormick Culinary Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning offers remarkable performance and consistency, and is ready-to-use to easily add appetizing flavor to recipes
- Our 24 oz size is great to have on hand in you back of house spices and seasonings collection
- Our chefs rate Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning as a must-have when building a core culinary pantry of herbs and spices
MCK SEASONING MIX-MONTR 3.4OZ
- Iconic blend features garlic, salt and paprika
- America’s #1 grilling seasoning, made with McCormick spices
- No MSG added, no artificial flavors
- Robust seasoning blend for bolder tasting steaks and burgers
- GRILLING TIP: Shake 1 tbsp of seasoning per 1 lb of steak burgers or pork before grilling or broiling