Table of Contents
- Makita BDF452HW Cordless Drill Driver Product Review
- Bestselling Makita BDF452HW Cordless Drill Driver in 2022
- 1. Makita BDF452HW 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2-Inch Driver-Drill Kit (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- 2. Makita 18V LXFD01 Lithium Ion White Drill (Bare Tool Only, No battery or Charger Included) (Renewed)
The Makita BDF452HW is an 18-volt cordless drill/driver. The drill only weighs 3.5 pounds but still offers an impressive 450 inch-pounds of torque. It can drill up to 1.5 inches in wood and up to a half-inch in steel. Let's take a look at some of the features offered by this cordless drill.
The Makita BDF452HW is powered by a 4-pole maximum torque motor. The variable-speed motor offers two speed settings and is controlled by the drill trigger. The drill will rotate faster the further you depress the trigger. On its first speed setting, the Makita BDF452HW delivers between 0 and 400 rotations per minute. The second speed second delivers up to 1500 rotations per minute. You can easily switch between the two speeds using the sliding switch located on the top of the motor casing.
The Makita BDF452HW also offers 16 clutch settings, which are controlled using the clutch ring behind the chuck. The clutch is designed to keep you from overdriving a fastener. The higher settings offer more torque before the clutch slips to prevent the chuck from rotating and driving the fastener in too far.
You might be interested to read about:
This cordless drill is powered by lithium-ion sliding batteries. The batteries that come included with the Makita BDF452HW are 1.5 amp-hour designs. They deliver up to 27 watt-hours of runtime. The included charger also charges the batteries four times faster than most other designs. It only takes 15 minutes to recharge the Makita BDF452HW completely.
Another nice feature of the Makita BDF452HW is the built-in LED light. The light is located slightly above the trigger. The light operates each time the trigger is depressed and offer no way to disable it. After you release the trigger, the light on the Makita BDF452HW will stay illuminated for up to 12 seconds.
The Makita BDF452HW cordless drill is covered with rubber overmolds. In addition to providing addition grip, they also increase comfort while using the tool. The overmolds on the Makita BDF452HW also offer a degree of protection from getting dropped or knocked over.
The Makita BDF452HW cordless drill over 450 inch-pounds of torque and up to 1500 RPM. The batteries included with the drill deliver up to 27 watt-hours of runtime and only take 15 minutes to recharge completely. The integrated light on the Makita BDF452HW will also help illuminate your work area.
Bestselling Makita BDF452HW Cordless Drill Driver Products in 2022
Makita BDF452HW 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2-Inch Driver-Drill Kit (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 450 in.lbs. of max torque, variable 2-speed all metal transmission (0-400 / 0-1, 500 RPM)
- Compact, ergonomic design, 8-inches long, weighs 3-1/2 pounds
- Built-in LED light illuminates the work area
- Makita LXT lithium-ion battery and charger produces 430% total lifetime work with 2.5X more cycles
- 3-year warranty on tool, 1-year warranty on battery and charger
Makita 18V LXFD01 Lithium Ion White Drill (Bare Tool Only, No battery or Charger Included) (Renewed)
- Bare Tool
- No Battery
- 4 pole with 480 in. lbs. of Max Torque
- Variable speed for multiple applications