Table of Contents
- LeapFrog Discovery Ball Product Review
- Bestselling LeapFrog Discovery Ball in 2022
- 1. LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo
- 2. LeapFrog Discovery Ball
- 3. LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo
- 4. Leap Frog Discovery Ball Abcs Alphabet Musical Learning Toy
- 5. LeapFrog Magic Adventures Globe
- 6. LeapFrog My Pal Scout
- 7. LeapFrog LeapStart Interactive Learning System Kindergarten and 1st Grade Amazon Exclusive
- 8. LeapFrog Chat and Count Smart Phone, Scout
- 9. LeapFrog LeapStart Interactive Learning System, Green (Frustration Free Packaging)
- 10. LeapFrog Learn and Groove Musical Table (Frustration Free Packaging)
The LeapFrog Discovery Ball is baby's first introduction to letter sounds, names and simple melodies. Each of the letters of the alphabet encircle the center of the ball. While attached to the base, your baby can spin the ball to hear songs, or press individual letters to hear their names or sounds. As your child grows, the ball can be removed from the base and rolled around on the floor. There are also twinkle lights that match the beat of the song.
My son received the Discovery Ball as a gift for his first Christmas. He was nine months old and immediately began spinning the ball to listen to the music. He used the ball primarily for this purpose for several months. We then put the ball away and took it out about a year later after his little sister was born. He began to play with it again, but in new ways.
You might be interested to read about:
He loves when we detach the ball from the base so he can play with it on the floor. He will push each letter individually as he listens to the song that each one plays. At three years old, he has memorized all of the songs, along with the words I have taught him as we listen to them. So far, he hasn't used the Ball for learning the letters of the alphabet, but when the time comes I am confident it will serve that purpose as well. He has not tired of this toy, and now both he and his sister play with it equally.
I like this toy for several reasons: First of all, it includes a high as well as a low volume setting. The high setting is quite loud, but the low setting is just about perfect. This toy is also small enough to make road trips with, and keeps the kids entertained. I also like that the battery is contained in the center of the ball, so that the outside of the toy looks completely cohesive and attractive.
This toy is great for infants, up through toddlers. It is not simply a toy that is relevant for a few months and then gets set aside for a garage sale. I appreciate all of the classic nursery songs the toy plays. I can reminisce about my childhood simply by going through the songs with my kids! Finally, I like that the toy detaches from the base. This small, simple feature adds a wealth of new play possibilities for children.
I have only found one drawback with this toy. When the ball is being spun while on the Letter Names or Letter Sounds setting, it always plays the same song. I wish they would have found a way to make the spin motion play a variety of songs.
This is a wonderfully adaptive, educational toy that will entertain and instruct your child for months or even years to come.
Bestselling LeapFrog Discovery Ball Products in 2022
LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo
- Introduces letters A-Z and animal names and sounds
- Features three ways to play: letter, animal and music learning modes
- Explore learning with each spin of the wheel
- Playful musical responses and lights reward each touch
- Spin, push and slide to help develop motor skills
LeapFrog Discovery Ball
- Introduces infants and toddlers to letters, phonics, and motor skills
- Press a letter to hear its name
- Spin or roll the ball to hear the alphabet song or three other melodies
- Twinkling lights flash to the beat
- Requires 3 AA batteries (included)
LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo
- Discover the alphabet from Alligator to Zebra!
- Features three ways to play: Letter, Animal and Music learning modes.
- Explore learning with each spin of the wheel.
- Playful musical responses reward each touch.
- Introduces letters A-Z and animal names and sounds.
Leap Frog Discovery Ball Abcs Alphabet Musical Learning Toy
LeapFrog Magic Adventures Globe
- Go beyond countries and their capitals with this enhanced globe that explores cultures, animals, habitats, and more through 5+ hours of BBC videos
- Tap anywhere using the stylus to hear thousands of facts, interact with unique games and trigger videos that let kids visually experience the world
- Features a 2.7" LCD screen that displays video and animations with playful characters that guide children through games and activities
- Race around the world, discover new places and solve mysteries by answering questions in three entertaining interactive games
- Intended for ages 5-7 years. Requires 4 AA batteries. Batteries included for demo purposes only, new batteries recommended for regular use
LeapFrog My Pal Scout
- Teach Scout your child's name and favorite things for personalized learning in 15+ activities
- Listen along to 40+ learning songs, melodies and lullabies, for active daytime fun and nighttime soothing
- Teaches first words, feelings and emotions, colors and counting
- Connect Scout to your smart phone, tablet or computer for easy personalization while he's still in the box
- This cuddly pal is recommended for children ages 6-36 months
LeapFrog LeapStart Interactive Learning System Kindergarten and 1st Grade Amazon Exclusive
- Get 2-7 year olds excited about counting, learning to read and problem solving through fun, replayable activities with this interactive learning system
- The magic behind leap start is a stylus that reads invisible dots on every page, triggering questions, challenges, songs, jokes and more
- Stylus is comfortable for kids of all ages and promotes proper writing grip
- Most replayable activities have two levels WITH more than 50 key skills per Level covering a variety of preschool through first grade subjects so kids can play and learn at the right level and move up when they're ready
- Includes 400+ activities across a library of more than 25 books, which includes two learn to read book sets (Each sold separately) to help kids build tomorrow’s skills today
LeapFrog Chat and Count Smart Phone, Scout
- Fun learning in a smart little phone! Sing along to songs about counting, explore more than 15 phone activities, and more! Appropriate for ages 18 months and up.
- Explore more than 15 phone activities as you pretend and play with your very own smart phone! Push the call button to trade calls and voicemails with your puppy pal Scout/Violet!
- Push the music button and sing along to songs about counting, phone manners, and more. Press any of the 10 number buttons to see an animated Scout/Violet count it out in a fun way.
- Fun animations and a counting song introduce numbers and counting 1 to 10, while more than 15 phone activities encourage imaginative play.
- Skills learned inlucde numbers, pretend play, and social skills. Children also learn conversational skills such as saying hello, how are you, nice to talk to you, and goodbye.
LeapFrog LeapStart Interactive Learning System, Green (Frustration Free Packaging)
- Leapstart preschool & pre-kindergarten is an interactive learning system that gets kids 2-4 years old excited about everything from counting to problem solving with fun replayable activities
- The stylus reads invisible dots on every page triggering engaging audio like questions, challenges, songs, jokes and more to teach school and life skills in new, exciting ways.
- Each activity book seamlessly blends school and life skills, like ABCs and music, for a more comprehensive introduction to key concepts.
- A funfest of touch-and-talk games, creative challenges, problem-solving puzzles, math mazes and more awaits with 30+ activities in every book.
LeapFrog Learn and Groove Musical Table (Frustration Free Packaging)
- Colorful instruments and buttons activate a variety of 70+ songs, tunes, and learning responses
- Introduces numbers, letters, shapes, colors and more
- Explore sounds, songs and instruments such as the piano and drum
- Includes classic children's tunes such as "old MacDonald" and "Itsy Bitsy spider."
- The educator approved learning toy is designed by Leapfrog learning experts for ages 6-36 months. Ships in Certified Frustration-Free packaging