Wah pedals are a great way to accent the highest and lowest points of the guitar solo. For a decades, all kinds of influential players have used wah pedals to add depth and flare to soaring leads and chunky rhythms. Wah can be used in the bluest blues, the most brutal metal, the twangiest country and the loudest rock. It is a great effect that has many homes and can fit in whenever called upon.
The effect can sound perfect in slow, dark, quiet parts. It also shines during the loudest, most screeching rock parts imaginable. When I got a chance to check out the Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Wah Pedal, I had fun for hours. This pedal offers endless possibility for lovers of all kinds of guitar music. I used it in melodic parts and in my most furious solos. Either way, it sounded fantastic and was a pleasure to use.
You might be interested to read about:
There are three knobs on this pedal. The first is for defining level. This will allow you to set the power of your sound with the pedal on in conjunction to your push while the pedal is disengaged. Use this for a severe change in dynamic or for an effortless entrance that is polite and smooth. The second knob will let you define the wah ranges.
I had a lot of fun listening to all the types of wahs this allows you to create. The last knob corrects the low end to user preference. It is not often that you find a wah pedal with side dials and switches. Ibanez really allows you to create something original here. The pedal has two over all modes for Normal and Low and are changeable by switch.
This is surprisingly another one of the signature series called "Tone-Lok" from Ibanez. With this feature, you can press the knobs inward and hide them from outside abuse and altering. While you travel, you will never have other pedals or cables changing your perfect settings. Do not show up at the venue again with bunk settings and be unable to restore your original. The pedal stays nice, new and protected without any possibility for broken knobs.
Bestselling Ibanez WD7 Wah Pedal Products in 2021
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Range switch for switching between low and high frequency response. Range fine tuning allows fine tuning within either the low and high range switch settings
- In the auto switch mode, you can set the effect-off either on standard instant-off when the pedal is returned to the full upright position or a delayed-off by turning the control clockwise
- Changes the mode so the effect can be turned on and off with the footswitch or with the auto switch (effect turns off when pedal is in the upright position)
- Allows on-off switching of the effect independent of the footboard when the mode lever is in the footswitch mode
- Adjusts the tension of the footboard return-spring in the auto switch mode. Turn clockwise for more footboard resistance; counter clockwise for a looser feel
Ibanez Weeping Demon Junior WD7JR Effects Pedal
- Retracting control knobs
- Easy access battery compartment
- Side output jack
- Auto switch operation
- Auto off control