Table of Contents
- Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Cheese Alternative Product Review
- Bestselling Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Cheese Alternative in 2021
- 1. Follow Your Heart Non-GMO Organic Vegan Gourmet Cheddar Cheese Alternative, 10 Ounce (Pack of 12)
- 2. Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Soy Free Mozzarella Shreds Cheese Alternative, 5 Pound -- 3 per case.
- 3. Follow Your Heart, Alternative Cheese Parmesan Vegan Grate, 5 Ounce
ten-year devotee to the vegan diet, I resigned myself long ago to the fact that I will never, ever again have cheese. No pizza. No nachos. No enchiladas smothered in melted queso!
I am happy to report that my position has changed.
For many years, dairy-free cheeses did not melt. They had the consistency of cardboard - and tasted about as good. The first time I tried topping my vegan pasta primavera with shredded "mozzarella," it just... fused. It melded into some sort of a plastic-looking grid that came up in one piece.
Then came the "dairy-free" cheeses that DID melt, thanks to the inclusion of casein or caseinate - which is a milk protein! How, oh how, does the FDA allow those products to be labeled "dairy-free?"
That being said, my expectations were low when I picked up the 10-ounce brick of Vegan Gourmet 174;. It was sort of squishy and its label touted that it, in all its dairy-free, gluten-free vegan glory, would MELT.
You might be interested to read about:
For a couple of days, I left it in the refrigerator, postponing what I was sure would be disappointment. Finally, my husband grabbed it, shredded it onto the top of my bowl of tomato soup, and handed it to me. It was delicious! It didn't have that funny, fake-ola taste that most vegan cheeses have. It melted! It actually melted in my soup and acted like... well, like cheese is supposed to act.
The next day, I made a grilled cheese sandwich with the Vegan Gourmet®. It melted and oozed luxuriously when I cut the sandwich in half. In short order, the entire brick disappeared, shredded onto pasta, sliced into veggie sandwiches and cut into cubes and fed to my toddlers.
I bought another brick of Vegan Gourmet®, melted the entire thing in the microwave, and added salsa to it. My family ate it with tortilla chips and pretended we were eating ultra-processed convenience store nachos - the ones so full of cholesterol you can hear arteries harden when people eat it. It was THAT good.
The fringe benefit, of course, to being vegan is that Vegan Gourmet® is naturally cholesterol-free. Vegans aren't the only ones who will love having "cheese" again. Patients directed by their physicians to employ a low-cholesterol diet will rejoice at putting "cheese" back on the menu with Vegan Gourmet®.
Bestselling Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Cheese Alternative Products in 2021
Follow Your Heart Non-GMO Organic Vegan Gourmet Cheddar Cheese Alternative, 10 Ounce (Pack of 12)
- GMO Free
- High in Omega 3
Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Soy Free Mozzarella Shreds Cheese Alternative, 5 Pound -- 3 per case.
- Vegan Gourmet Soy Free Mozzarella Shreds Cheese Alternative
- Important - Refrigerated items are perishable and tend to have short shelf lives - some of these can be as little as two weeks from the date of receipt - if you are ordering a large quantity, or are otherwise concerned about expiration dates, consider a frozen product.
- Fresh Cheese
Follow Your Heart, Alternative Cheese Parmesan Vegan Grate, 5 Ounce
- Parmesan Style Grated Cheese Alternative
- Important - Refrigerated Items Are Perishable And Tend To Have Short Shelf Lives - Some Of These Can Be As Little As Two Weeks From The Date Of Receipt - If You Are Ordering A Large Quantity, Or Are Otherwise Concerned About Expiration Dates, Consider A Frozen Product.