Table of Contents
- Farberware Millennium 12 Stainless Steel Skillet Product Review
- Bestselling Farberware Millennium 12 Stainless Steel Skillet in 2021
- 1. Farberware Millennium Stainless Steel Nonstick Skillet, 10-Inch, Silver - 71785
- 2. Farberware 75655 Millennium Stainless Steel Cookware Pots and Pans Set, 10 Piece
- 3. Farberware 12025 Restaurant Pro Nonstick Fry Pan/Skillet, 8 Inch, Silver
- 4. Farberware 50011 Classic Stainless Steel Saute Pan / Frying Pan / Fry Pan with Lid - 2.75 Quart, Silver
- 5. Farberware 77299 High Performance Stainless Steel Cookware Pots and Pans Set, 12 Piece
- 6. Farberware 12837 Commercial Nonstick Fry Pan/Skillet with Helper Handle, 12 Inch, Steel
- 7. Farberware 70217 Classic Traditional Stainless Steel Cookware Pots and Pans Set, 12 Piece
- 8. Farberware 50049 Classic Stainless Steel Cookware Pots and Pans Set, 15-Piece
- 9. Farberware 21809 High Performance Nonstick Cookware Pots and Pans Set Dishwasher Safe, 17 Piece, Black
The 12" Stainless Steel Millennium Skillet by Farberware is a fantastic piece of kitchen cookware that works great both with simple things like eggs to more complex foods like Crepes.
- Ease of Use/Performance: 24/25
- Convenience/Storage 21/25
- Appearance/Design 23/25
- How much I enjoy 25/25
- Total: 93/100
Low cost, great even heat from the aluminum core base with metal utensil safe DuPont Teflon non-stick coating and an oven safe design makes this a great purchase for any kitchen. The Millennium 12" skillet is a large cooking skillet for use on the stove or in the oven and includes a DuPont Teflon coating that is metal utensil safe.
The Millennium 12" Skillet is a stainless steel skillet with an aluminum core inside the impact bonded bottom with an oven safe handle. The DuPont Teflon Professional with Metal Guard non-stick coating is a high end coating just like those professional chefs use on their kitchen cookware.
The cooking area is nine inches across while the handle made of stainless steel is also about nine inches long, the handle is riveted onto the side of the skillet with two rivets. The Millennium skillet has an aluminum core in the stainless steel base that creates an even cooking surface for your food and recipes.
The stainless steel design is a nice one but the skillet can be a bit heavy for flipping food while you cook it, the skillet weighs 3.5 pounds. The weight is the only concern I have other than keeping the Teflon coating scratch free but using only silicon utensils will help in that area.
The DuPont Teflon coating is a high end coating that the company offers that includes a metal safe component but these coatings are an interesting feature. I usually learn a lot from my reviews but even before I received this skillet I learned about non-stick coatings.
Cookware companies can purchase the various levels of coatings on their pans and DuPont is one of the top rated companies that coat cookware with non-stick coatings. The various levels of coatings are usually referred to by their cost and the Professional series form DuPont is one of their higher cost ones.
You might be interested to read about:
The coating also has a scratch resistant technology, whatever that means, but mainly the coating is a higher end so should last longer than less expensive pans. The metal utensil technology is not one I am going to test other than to try it out a few times with some metal utensils.
The pan does exhibit a few scratches but not far enough to reach bare metal, I can only see surface scratches that do not go down to the stainless steel. I have stopped using metal utensils and will only be using silicon covered spatulas and spoons so I can have the coating last as long as possible.
Using the Millennium skillet has been a joy to not only cook the everyday things like eggs and parts of meals like sautéing vegetables but for special occasions. I have gotten pretty good at crepes and enjoy making things like sautéed vegetables and omelets.
I have gotten pretty good at flipping my food while cooking, very few times has food found its way to the floor or the stove top. Using the techniques real chefs use is fun and can make cooking easier as you don't have to pick up a utensil to stir the food if you simply flip it real quick.
I tried some of the techniques for testing pans from the show America's Test Kitchen like having eggs slide off the pan when cooked and seeing how evenly crepes cooked. Some things I did not do that they do because they can afford it such as cooking eggs till they stop sticking.
The pans non-stick coating has lasted just fine and my eggs still slide off with just as much ease now as the day I first tried an egg on the skillet over three months ago. I have used the skillet to brown onions and sauté vegetables, cook eggs several different ways as well as cook oddball dishes like several attempts at risotto.
The skillet is non-stick and the food can really slide out of the pan with no coaxing from a utensil even with meat like steaks and chicken breasts. The pan is great and the surface area for cooking, the area that is flat in the bottom is large enough to cook a decent amount of food.
I have seared large steaks and roasts prior to slow cooking in the crock pot or roasting in the oven, I have even roasted in the skillet to try out the oven capabilities. I have been using the Millennium Skillet for all kinds of cooking and have been very satisfied with the results from my cooking.
One feature I like is the aluminum handle that does not get so hot that you have grab an oven mitt to move or hold the skillet. The Millennium skillet has been a great addition to my6 cookware and one I have really enjoyed reviewing and using for both everyday meals and special events.
The Farberware Millennium 12" Stainless Steel Skillet is a professional grade cookware that works well with its non-stick DuPont Teflon coating.
I highly recommend the Farberware Millennium Skillet for cooking your favorite recipes.
Bestselling Farberware Millennium 12 Stainless Steel Skillet Products in 2021
Farberware Millennium Stainless Steel Nonstick Skillet, 10-Inch, Silver - 71785
- Silicone enhanced stainless steel handles are riveted securely to the pan and comfortable to hold - oven safe to 400 degrees fahrenheit
- Sleek, contemporary styling and polished stainless steel construction combine to create beautiful, durable cookware that will last for years
- An 18/0 stainless protector surrounds the thick aluminum base, providing perfect heat distribution across the bottom of the pan and suitability for induction stovetops.
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
Farberware 75655 Millennium Stainless Steel Cookware Pots and Pans Set, 10 Piece
- Set contains 1-Quart and 2-Quart Covered Saucepans, 3-Quart Covered Sauté, 6-Quart Covered Stockpot, 8-Inch and 10-Inch Skillets, Slotted Turner, Slotted Spoon. The DuPont Teflon is long-lasting
- Long lasting DuPont Teflon Professional with Metal Guard nonstick coating is safe for use with metal utensils; Food releases easily and cleanup is effortless
- The stainless steel bases fully encapsulate a thick aluminum core to provide exceptional heat distribution; Suitable for use on all stovetops including glass and induction
- Glass lids let you monitor cooking progress without releasing moisture or nutrients
- Professionally styled polished stainless steel construction looks great and is extremely durable. Stainless steel handles are securely riveted to the pan for added durability; Oven safe to 500-Degree F
Farberware 12025 Restaurant Pro Nonstick Fry Pan/Skillet, 8 Inch, Silver
- Skillet offers fast, even heat distribution; engineered and independently tested and certified to deliver and hold to highest performance standards
- Durable, top quality nonstick interior provides added scratch resistance, quick food release and easy cleanup; comfortable rubberized handle
- Oven safe to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- This 8 inch nonstick skillet complements the cookware sets, stockpots and other items throughout the Farberware collection
- Quality Assurance Guarantee
Farberware 50011 Classic Stainless Steel Saute Pan / Frying Pan / Fry Pan with Lid - 2.75 Quart, Silver
- "Full Cap" Base Advantage - Now a stainless steel protector surrounds a thicker aluminum core for easy maintenance and better heat distribution. Since the entire surface is stainless steel, cleanup is easier. Enjoy a lifetime of beauty
- Close fitting lids create a self-basting feature that protects the food's taste and nutrients. A classically styled phenolic handle is oven safe up to 350°F / 180°C
- Durable stainless steel construction - dishwasher safe
- Thicker, rolled pan rims for extra durability, enhanced drip-free pouring and easy handling
- According to the Cookware Manufacturers Association (CMA) Engineering Standards: 2.1.3 Tolerances - Manufacturing Tolerances are allowable as follows: Dimensional= +/- 1/4" (Top Outside Dimensions) Capacity= +/- 5% (of Total Volume)
Farberware 77299 High Performance Stainless Steel Cookware Pots and Pans Set, 12 Piece
- The cookware’s sturdy handles provide a comfortable grasp; shatter-resistant glass lids allow foods to be monitored without losing heat or moisture
- Oven safe to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and dishwasher safe for convenience, the cookware set includes three sturdy nylon Prestige(r) cooking tools
- This cookware complements sauciers, griddles and other pots and pans throughout the Farberware collection
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
Farberware 12837 Commercial Nonstick Fry Pan/Skillet with Helper Handle, 12 Inch, Steel
- Durable, nonstick frying pan: The nonstick frying pan’s dependable heavy-duty construction provides quick and even heating; polished aluminum exterior brings a touch of style to any kitchen
- Sturdy, easy to grip handles and helper handle large capacity cooking: frypan boasts long-lasting nonstick for easy food release and cleanup; handles provide a comfortable grasp; helper handle aids in moving the skillet
- Oven safe frying pan: Oven safe to 350 F
- Large frying pan compliments other Farberware cookware: This large 12-inch skillet with helper handle complements many saucepots, stockpots and other pots and pans throughout the Farberware collection
Farberware 70217 Classic Traditional Stainless Steel Cookware Pots and Pans Set, 12 Piece
- LONG LASTING STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE: Durable polished stainless steel construction incorporates a full cap base for fast and even heating
- SUPERIOR NONSTICK PANS: Frying pans and sauté pan boast the innovative ProSear(tm) Technology embossed surface for superior searing, enhanced browning, and easy food release.
- EASY RELEASE NONSTICK COOKIE SHEET: Cookie pan features the SmartGlide nonstick system, a revolutionary dimpled surface that creates air pockets to transfer heat to food quickly and evenly
- SHATTER-RESISTANT LIDS: Shatter-resistant glass lids seal in heat and flavor
- OVEN SAFE AND DISHWASHER SAFE: Dishwasher safe cleaning power to tackle tough messes, and the cookware set is oven safe to 350°F
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Lifetime Warranty.
Farberware 50049 Classic Stainless Steel Cookware Pots and Pans Set, 15-Piece
- FAST, EVEN HEATING: Cookware features full cap bases with stainless steel layered over thick aluminum cores for fast, even heating
- ICONIC STYLE: Comfortable handles with iconic styling provide a confident grasp and stainless steel lids boast bell shapes, rolled rims and stylish knobs
- EASY CLEANING: Dishwasher safe (nonstick skillets excepted) for easy cleanup
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Oven safe to 350 degrees F with three nylon Prestige(r) cooking tools included in the set
- SET INCLUDES: 1-Quart, 2-Quart, and 3-Quart Covered Saucepans, 4-Quart Covered Saucepot, 8-Quart Covered Stockpot, 8-Inch and 10-Inch Nonstick Skillets, 3 Nylon Kitchen Tools
Farberware 21809 High Performance Nonstick Cookware Pots and Pans Set Dishwasher Safe, 17 Piece, Black
- Durable, quick to heat cookware set: nonstick cooking set is constructed from heavy-duty aluminum that heats evenly to eliminate hot spots
- Premium nonstick cookware: The frying pans and griddle boast the unique dimpled surface of the smartglide nonstick system
- Set includes: 1- and 2-quart Saucepans with lids, 5-quart Dutch oven with lid, 8-inch frying pan, 10-inch frying pan with lid, 11-inch square griddle, medium cookie pan, 6 kitchen utensils
- Oven safe: nonstick pots and pans are oven safe to 350 degrees F and the cookie pan is oven safe to 450 degrees F
- Sturdy handles, shatter-resistant glass lids: double-riveted handles on the pots and pans offer a confident grip and shatter-resistant glass lids seal in heat and moisture