Table of Contents
- Cuisinart Grind and Brew Coffee Makers Product Review
- Bestselling Cuisinart Grind and Brew Coffee Makers in 2020
- 1. Cuisinart DGB-700BC Grind and Brew 12 Cup Coffee Maker (Updated Version)
- 2. Cuisinart DGB-650BC Grind-and-Brew Thermal 10-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker, Brushed Metal
- 3. Cuisinart DGB-800 Burr Grind & Brew Automatic Coffeemaker, 12 Cup, Silver
- 4. Cuisinart Grind-and-Brew 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker, Built In Bean Hopper and Burr Grinder, with Grind and Brew Strength Control, Features a Brew Pause Feature with Adjustable Auto Shutoff, Grinf Off Feature and Gold Tone/Charcoal Permenant Filter Included, Brushed Chrome/Black
- 5. Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker, Features Built In Grinder, 12 Cup Carafe with Ergonomic Handle, Dripless Spout and Knuckle Guard, with Pause N Brew Option, 24 Hour Fully Programmable and Gold Tone/Charcoal Filter Included
- 6. Cuisinart DGB-700NLID Filter Holder Lid for Grind & Brew Coffeemaker (DGB-700)
- 7. Cuisinart DCC-3400 Thermal Coffeemaker, Carafe, 12 Cup Stainless Steel
All of the Cuisinart Grind &Brew coffee makers have a fatal flaw: they are impossible to clean. The newest models are black, which makes the crud harder to see, but it's there. The problem is not the grinder and the coffee basket, which only take a few moments to hand wash. It's the rest of the machine! It's only sleek on the outside. Inside, there are crevices, nooks, crannies, and teensy little places that fill up with bits of finely ground coffee.
Here's the worst problem: The grinder gets wet when rising steam from the hot water going through the grounds in the basket condenses inside the grinder. Then a varnish-like coffee sludge made of the ultra-fine coffee dust in the grinder dribbles down behind the carafe and onto the heater. I like the smell of fresh-brewed coffee, but scorched coffee sludge is revolting.
Any gardener will tell you that coffee grounds are great in compost heaps because they provide nutrients for the assorted molds and bacteria that break down garden waste into "compost". The Cuisinart Grind &Brew coffee makers, unfortunately, provide that same environment inside the coffee maker. The moist crevices filled with coffee dust are fantabulous places for common household molds to grow. I can't spray it with any cleaners because it might ruin the electronics, and I can't reach some of the crevices. Is that a big "yuck factor" or what?
You might be interested to read about:
Despite the complex interlocks the Cuisinart engineers devised to keep me from grinding my fingers, their coffee maker needs supervision during brewing. Coffee particles build up in the uncleanable areas of the latches and interlocks. Occasionally, to make your mornings exciting, the latch fails and the basket holder pops open during the grinding cycle, letting the grinder spew coffee particles all over the kitchen. Sometimes the basket holder pops open during the brew cycle and scalding coffee dribbles onto the countertop and floor. If you move fast and slam the basket shut it's less mess to clean up.
The grinder is the same on all three coffee pots. You can't adjust the grinder to fine or coarse, so you have to control the brew strength by changing the quantity of coffee beans you grind. The 12-cup model, unfortunately, only holds the same quantity of beans as the smaller models, so unless you like weak coffee you can't make 12 cups.
Cuisinart Grind &Brew Models:
Cuisinart Grind &Brew DGB-300 Coffee Maker - This is the cheapest model. It does not have a timer.
Cuisinart Grind &Brew Thermal 10-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker - Has an insulated carafe to hold the brew.
Cuisinart Grind &Brew DGB-500 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker - The size of the grinder is a problem with this model, because it doesn't hold enough beans to make anything resembling strong coffee for a full carafe.
I found similar complaints from other review sites, so it's not just me. The Cuisinart Grind &Brew coffee makers are a design disaster. I like fresh-ground coffee, so I'm using a separate grinder for now while I look for a better design in a combination grind and brew coffee maker.
Bestselling Cuisinart Grind and Brew Coffee Makers Products in 2020
Cuisinart DGB-700BC Grind and Brew 12 Cup Coffee Maker (Updated Version)
- Cuisinart Grind & BrewTM 12-Cup Automatic Coffee Maker delivers convenient bean-to-cup brewing functionality so that you can enjoy the true flavor of your favorite coffee
- Strength selector allows you to choose coffee strength: strong, medium or mild
- Sealable, 8 oz. capacity bean hopper holds up to a half-pound of coffee beans
- Brew PauseTM lets you enjoy a cup before brewing is finished
- Integrated burr grinder automatically grinds coffee beans before brewing for maximum freshness, flavor and aroma
Cuisinart DGB-650BC Grind-and-Brew Thermal 10-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker, Brushed Metal
- 10-Cup automatic coffeemaker with built-in automatic bean grinder
- Fully programmable with Auto shut off, Brew Pause, 1- to 4-Cup setting, and grind-off option for pre-ground coffee
- Double-wall thermal stainless-steel carafe keeps coffee hot and fresh. BPA free
- Includes: Charcoal water filter and permanent gold tone filter ensures only the freshest coffee flavor flows through. Measuring scoop, instruction Booklet
Cuisinart DGB-800 Burr Grind & Brew Automatic Coffeemaker, 12 Cup, Silver
- 12-Cup glass carafe with comfort-grip handle
- Professional-style burr grinder for uniform consistency
- Direct flow grind assembly seamlessly dispenses grounds directly into the brew basket
- Auto Rinse ensures all the coffee grounds enter the brew basket
- Half-pound bean hopper with sealed lid - keeps beans fresh
- Flavor strength options – regular, bold or extra-bold
- Grind control – program for 4 to 12 cups
- Grind-off feature lets you use pre-ground coffee
- Extra-large LCD display and intuitive operation; 24-hour brew start and adjustable auto shutoff. Includes: Gold-tone commercial-style permanent filter and Charcoal water filter that removes impurities.
- Note: Please refer the user manual below for trouble shooting guidelines/tips
Cuisinart Grind-and-Brew 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker, Built In Bean Hopper and Burr Grinder, with Grind and Brew Strength Control, Features a Brew Pause Feature with Adjustable Auto Shutoff, Grinf Off Feature and Gold Tone/Charcoal Permenant Filter Included, Brushed Chrome/Black
Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker, Features Built In Grinder, 12 Cup Carafe with Ergonomic Handle, Dripless Spout and Knuckle Guard, with Pause N Brew Option, 24 Hour Fully Programmable and Gold Tone/Charcoal Filter Included
- Automatically grinds whole beans before brewing
- Gold-tone, commercial-style permanent filter / Charcoal water filter
- Adjustable auto-shutoff (0-4 hours) / Grind off feature
- 12-cup (5 ounce) glass carafe / 1-4 cup setting
- 24-hour fully programmable / BPA free / Brew Pause feature
Cuisinart DGB-700NLID Filter Holder Lid for Grind & Brew Coffeemaker (DGB-700)
Cuisinart DCC-3400 Thermal Coffeemaker, Carafe, 12 Cup Stainless Steel
- Hotter Coffee with expert coffee-making technology to ensure hotter Coffee temperature without sacrificing flavor or quality. Dimensions (LXWXH): 9.00 x 7.75 x 14.25 inches. Cord length : 36 Inches
- Brew strength control allows you to select regular or bold Coffee flavor
- Fully automatic with 24-hour Programmability, self clean, 1-4 cup setting, auto-off, and optional ready alert tone
- 12-Cup thermal carafe with decorative Stainless Steel handle
- Easy-to-view water window for accurate filling.60 Second Reset recalls settings and position in the brewing process in case of loss of power.Gold-Tone Coffee Filter and Charcoal Water Filter
- Brew Pause feature lets you enjoy a cup of Coffee before the brewing cycle has finished
- NOTE: Please refer to the user manual before use and for trouble shooting.