What's not to love about the Casio Portable Hand-held Color TV. It only weighs 6.7 ounces, has a screen that's only 2.3 inches in size, but what it lacks in weight and size, it makes up for in clarity and reception.
I don't own one of these yet, but I did have the pleasure of using one that belonged to someone else, and needless to say, I was rather surprised at good this little TV worked. What I forgot is how far technology has come since the 60s and 70s, and that electronics products like this portable hand-held color TV is the result of that advancement.
I got to use this particular model of the Casio hand-held TV for about a week. I knew the person who owned it, watched it everyday while doing work on the job, and had no problem with the color, the clarity or the reception. This along was surprising, because it was inside an electronics plant, where all the electronic equipment had a way of interfering with even radio reception.
The Casio Portable Hand-held Color TV is good to take with you on vacation, fishing, to college, to work or just out relaxing on the patio by the pool. The reception is good enough that you can take it anywhere you need to go, and not miss your favorite TV show.
It also makes a wonderful gift for mothers, fathers, and even children, especially those going off to college. You can also use it during stormy weather, when you have no power, you will still be able to watch your favorite local weather station.
If you don't purchase this particular model, Casio has other models to choose from. But which ever one you choose to purchase, just having a hand-held TV as part of your emergency kit makes sense. There is nothing like have one during a tropical storm, hurricane, ice storm or tornado. It helps to keep track of what's going on around you.
You might be interested to read about:
So, go out and get one, it doesn't matter if it's for fun or your emergency kit, just load up on AA batteries and you're set for both. You won't have any trouble picking up either VHF or UHF.
• Built-In Earphone Jack (earphones optional)
• Telescoping Rod Antenna
• 2.3-Inch Color Screen With Anti-Glare Technology
• 39,600 Pixels For Sharp Vivid Images
• Runs on 4 AA batteries
• 1 Year Warranty On Parts
• 90 Day Warranty For Labor
• AC or Car Cigarette Lighter Adapters (optional)
The Casio Portable Hand-held Color TV, model TV880 is 5" high X 3.3" wide X 1.4" deep, and it only weighs 6.7 ounces. Now you don't have to miss another TV show or sports game. When you go fishing, have the best of both worlds. Your fishing and your football.
It has been recommended that you purchase rechargeable NiMH batteries that will give you longer-lasting battery life.
Bestselling Casio Portable Handheld Color Tv Products in 2020
Casio TV-770 Portable Pocket LCD Color TV
Calculator for Kindle
- Includes all basic functions (as well as negative numbers and percent)
- Large, easy to read font and buttons
- Easy to use, natural feeling interface
- No rarely-used functions that only add clutter
- Now available for Fire TV and Fire Phone as well! Mobile version supports both landscape and portrait orientations
Casio TV-980 2.3" Portable Color TV
- 2.3-inch high-resolution LCD screen; measures 3.2 x 5.1 x 1.4 inches (W x H x D)
- Weighs 0.42 pounds without batteries
- Runs up to 4 hours on 4 AA batteries
- Optional inputs for additional antenna, cable, and A/V components
- Built-in mono speaker and earphone jack
Casio, Inc. Casio 3" Screen TV ( EV-670 )
- Water-resistant, handheld TV with 3-inch screen; measures 7 x 8.5 x 3 inches (WxHxD)
- Powered by optional AC adapter or via 3 AA batteries
- Receives VHF (2 to 13) and UHF channels (14 to 69)
- Rod antenna that folds down, easy back stand, 1 A/V input
- Internal mono speaker; headphone mini jack